Referral from Cabinet Overview Working Group - Local Council Tax Support Scheme Proposals 2018/19
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED that Cabinet recommended to Full Council that:
A Following the results of the consultation process, the 2018/19 Local Council Tax Support Scheme is amended with effect from 1 April 2018 as follows:
(i) Accept documentation from the Department of Works & Pensions as an intention to claim Council Tax support.
(ii) Disregard the new Bereavement Support payments for working age applicants.
(iii) Introduce discretion in regards to Department of Works & Pensions notifications for working age Council Tax Support claims.
Report author: Simon Freeman
Publication date: 08/12/2017
Date of decision: 07/12/2017
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2017 - Cabinet
- Local Council Tax Support Scheme - Covering Report PDF 202 KB
- Local Council Tax Support Scheme Proposals 2018-19 PDF 263 KB
- Appendix A - Proposed Essex Schemes 2017-18 PDF 87 KB
- Appendix B - LCTS Consultation Results PDF 113 KB
- Appendix C - Equality Impact Assessment - Local Council Tax Support Scheme PDF 57 KB