Hearing Sub Committee
Purpose of committee
The Hearing Sub-Committee will undertake hearings in respect of a Councillor (or co-opted person) who it is alleged has failed to comply with the Council’s Code of Conduct. Following the hearing, the Sub-Committee will report its findings and make recommendations as appropriate.
Terms of reference
1. To conduct a Hearing into an allegation that a Councillor or Co-opted person has breached the Council’s Code of Conduct.
2. Following a Hearing, make one of the following findings:
a) That the Councillor/co-opted person has not failed to comply with the Code of Conduct and no further action needs to be taken in respect of the matters considered at the Hearing.
b) That the Councillor/co-opted person has failed to comply with the Code of Conduct but that no further action needs to be taken in respect of the matters considered at the Hearing.
c) That the Councillor/co-opted person has failed to comply with the Code of Conduct and that a sanction and/or an informal resolution should be imposed.
3. The Sub-Committee may impose any action or combination of actions available to it, or impose any informal resolution or combination of informal resolutions as are available to it by law or policy.
4. After making a finding the Sub-Committee shall, as soon as reasonably practicable provide written notice of its findings and the reasons for its decision to the Councillor/co-opted person and complainant.
1. Full Council shall appoint the Chair and the Vice Chair of the Sub-Committee.
- Councillor Stefan Mullard (Chair)
- Councillor Eddie Johnson (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Simon Carter
- Councillor Jodi Dunne
- Councillor Shannon Jezzard
- Councillor Russell Perrin
- Councillor Tony Edwards (Reserve)
- Councillor Joel Charles (Reserve)
- Councillor Andrew Johnson (Reserve)
- Councillor Frances Mason (Reserve)
Support officer: Adam Rees.
Phone: (01279) 446057